Young men and women who have been employed at a CSGA member club for a minimum period of one full golf season and who will be employed at a member club in the current year may apply for the scholarship. Employment eligibility includes caddie, golf shop staff, grounds/maintenance worker, and clubhouse, dining room, locker room, or other appropriate assignment. In addition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Graduating high school senior in the current year who demonstrates good character and citizenship.
2. Demonstrated volunteer service in the school and in the community.
3. Demonstrated financial need in order to attend college.
4. At least three letters of recommendation from: a club officer or employing official; a teacher, principal, or guidance counselor; and a community member not affiliated with the golf club or school who knows the applicant well enough to write such a reference.
5. The recommendation of the CSGA appointed Club Representative.
The scholarship committee considers three criteria: 1) Financial need, 2) Academic record including standardized test scores and 3) character. Character is determined based upon volunteer and school activity, the quality of the applicants letter and recommendations and how they do during their interview.
Scholarship Application Process
Applications are available by downloading the following link: Widdy Neale Application
Applications must be received by January 31st. Interviews with eligible candidates will take place in March and award notifications are planned for the end of March.
For information, contact the CSGA representative at your member club or the CSGA office, 35 Cold Spring Road, Suite 212, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Telephone 860-257-4171.