CONNECTICUT CADDIE GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
In addition to the usual safety precautions that are essential in caddying (staying hydrated, avoiding overexposure to the sun, positioning in safe locations, etc.) it is critical that during the COVID-19 pandemic caddies and players take additional precautions to prevent the spread of the virus. Effective June 18, 2020 and until further notice, the following measures are required by the State of Connecticut:
1) Golf clubs and/or players shall arrange for advance scheduling of caddie assignments in order to avoid gatherings of caddies. Caddies should arrive 15-30 minutes prior to their assignment and leave the premises immediately after completing the round.
2) Caddies shall carry and use hand sanitizer frequently during the round of golf. In addition, caddies shall be required to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds immediately after the round or after performing club/bag cleaning activities.
3) Whether walking the golf course or standing at the teeing ground or putting green, caddies and players should maintain social distancing at all times. If there are occasions where this is difficult or impossible to maintain, caddies and players must use their facial covering.
4) When transferring a club to and from a player, the caddie should always hand and receive the club by holding the club head end of the club. This transfer should take place with both the caddy and the player having arms outstretched in order to maintain social distancing. And in this way, caddies will only handle club heads and will not touch grips. Players only handle grips, and do not touch club heads.
5) Hand to hand exchange of golfs balls is prohibited. To maintain social distancing the player may toss a ball or place it on the ground for a caddie to retrieve and clean, and the caddie may return it to the player in the same manner. Players or caddies must never spit on a golf ball in order to clean it.
6) The customary cleaning of clubs post-round should continue, and be supplemented by a thorough cleaning of the golf bag. Towels used during the round should be discarded or deposited for laundry and cleaning.
**If you do not feel well, stay home. If you exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, get tested!**