When you partner with the Connecticut State Golf Association as an individual member, a member club, or a golf course, you can feel proud that you have joined an association committed to promoting the game, safeguarding its integrity, preserving the game’s traditions and enhancing the playing environment for all golfers. The CSGA has been the Steward of Golf in Connecticut since 1899.
CSGA Individual Member Benefits
Join the CSGA through a member club or online and enjoy the benefits of a USGA Handicap Index™. In addition to your USGA Handicap Index™, you will receive the CSGA eRevision Newsletter twice per month with your latest Handicap Index, recent scores, news related to Connecticut golf, and special offers for CSGA members.
The CSGA is the only authorized golf association licensed by the USGA® to utilize the USGA Handicap System™ through their member clubs in Connecticut. The CSGA uses GHIN as its handicap computation service which is the most widely accepted in the world and is offered to clubs and golfers exclusively through State or Regional Golf Associations. Your GHIN handicap gives you access to eGolfer with myGame allowing you to post scores, view your handicap index and score histories, as well as track statistics related to your game. Download the popular CSGA Mobile App to post scores, use the interactive course handicap calculator, perform a Handicap index lookup, view your most recent scores or enter tournaments from your smartphone.
Your membership in the CSGA includes the following:
- Personalized Handicap Index e-Revision and Member Newsletters sent on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Support of developmental programs and other “good of the game” initiatives in the region.
- Access to educational seminars on the Rules of Golf, Handicapping, and more.
- An extensive and comprehensive amateur tournament schedule which provides tournaments for golfers of all ages and abilities
- Eligibility to play in State Championships
- Ability to compete in One-Day Tournament Series (competitive events for every golfer)
- Participation in Player Points Programs
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Resource line to Connecticut State Golf Association staff for information on rules, handicapping and other information related to golf in Connecticut.
*Eligibility for CSGA tournaments and championships is limited to bona fide members of CSGA member clubs or members of the CSGA online handicap system who are residents of Connecticut. Out of state residents must be a member of a Type 1, green grass golf club to be eligible.
CSGA Member Club Benefits
- CSGA Club Licensing assistance and administration support for club to be able to issue Handicap Indexes to individual members
- Handicap Certification programs and seminars
- Ability to offer handicap computations through GHIN. Recognized worldwide and only available via Golf Associations, GHIN is the world’s largest handicap computation service representing more than 65 golf associations and over 4 million avid golfers.
- GHIN Software for Member Score Posting and Index Calculation
- Handicap Labels
- GHINClub.net for Handicap Chair’s private Internet access to club/member maintenance
- GHIN TPP software for generating computerized pairings, scorecards, and scoring reports for club events
- GHIN e-Clubhouse personalized Internet website for clubs
- GHIN software technical support
- Official Handicap Revisions on the 1st & 15th of each month
- Peer review through Internet posting
- Membership in IGN (the International Golfers Network) allowing your members to post scores throughout the U.S.
- Rules of Golf Educational seminars
- Exceptional Tournament score reporting service
- Rules of Golf support for club events
- USGA publications and communications including USGA Handicap System manual
- Clearinghouse for golf-related information
- Amateur status monitoring
- Advertising of club events on csgalinks.org
- Access to USGA, NGF, and CSGA informational materials
- Membership listing on csgalinks.org and , if applicable, link to club website
- Member eligibility for participation in State Championships
- Membership assistance and club visits
- Representation at State & Local Legislative levels
- Support of developmental programs and other “good of the game” initiatives
- CSGA Club of the Year Recognition
- Resource line to Connecticut State Golf Association staff