Oronoque (May 29, 2020) The 2020 CSGA competitive schedule has been updated due to circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Beyond the updates below, there may be more changes as circumstances surrounding the crisis require it. Please check back for updates.
As of May 25, these changes have been made to the schedule:
Chris Cote One Day Series
The Chris Cote One Day Series will begin on June 2 at Wethersfield Country Club. That field is full. The following One Day Tournaments have been rescheduled.
—Portland Golf Course One Day moves to August 7
—Mill River Country Club One Day moves to June 15
—Suffield Country Club One Day moves to September 16
Full One Day Schedule
—The 118th Connecticut Amateur Championship will take place June 22-25 at Shorehaven Golf Club in Norwalk. The format and playing conditions have been altered as follows:
Changes to Field Size & Schedule:
1. The championship field at Shorehaven will be limited to 78 players.
2. All players will play 36-holes of stroke play on Monday, June 22nd with the low 32 players advancing to match play. Two rounds of 18-hole matches will be conducted on Tuesday, June 23rd and Wednesday, June 24th with a 36-hole final match conducted on Thursday, June 25th.
Changes to Conditions of Competition:
1. There will be no practice rounds available.
2. There will be no caddies permitted.
3. There will be no spectators allowed.
4. Food and beverage will be limited to boxed lunches and/or grab and go options only.
* Some of these conditions may be altered or others added as the re-opening of Connecticut continues and updates are made to the best practices for golf courses.
CSGA Championships Rescheduled:
—The 2020 Russell C. Palmer Cup, presented by Chris Cote’s Golf Shop, will take place at the Country Club of Waterbury on August 17-18. Qualifiers for the Palmer Cup have been eliminated.
—Connecticut Women’s Open at Rockrimmon Country Club moves to August 26-27
—The Two Man Championship moves from May 18 to September 28.
—The Connecticut Senior Match Play at Innis Arden Golf Club moves to October 5-7
—Qualifiers for the 2020 Russell C. Palmer Cup, presented by Chris Cote’s Golf Shop, qualifiers have been eliminated
—2020 Connecticut Amateur qualifier at Lyman Orchards Golf Course moves to June 10
—2020 Connecticut Amateur qualifier at Great Neck Country Cub moves to June 11
—2020 Connecticut Open qualifier at Great River Golf Club moves to July 7
Full CSGA Championship Schedule
—2020 Qualifiers for the U.S. Amateur, Mid-Amateur and Open have been cancelled.
USGA Championships in Connecticut
—The 3rd U.S. Senior Women’s Open at Brooklawn Country Club has been cancelled.